Monday, April 21, 2014

I Hate This Album

I Hate This Album
For my review I want to look at Kid Cudi’s second studio album Man on the Moon 2: The Legend of Mr. Rager. First off I want to note that normally I enjoy Kid Cudi, and I think his unique approach to rapping allows his music to really stand on its own, but this album was the exception. I felt very mislead, after hearing the first single Erase me featuring Kanye West, I was intrigued enough to continue listening to the entire album, I was very disappointed. The entire album felt very rushed. After initial success of his most popular album, Man on the Moon, Kid Cudi was brought to instant fame. Often what I think happens is when an artist becomes suddenly famous they are pressured into making and releasing music as quickly as possible, so that they can stay at the height of the popularity. This is exactly what Kid Cudi did. Every song on the album had a very emotional sense to it, by that I mean he sounded like a combination of crying and whining in each of his songs. The one upside to this album is it is Cudi being Cudi; he is experimenting with new sounds and rhythms, which will eventually lead to great success because he does have the talent and work ethic to become a staple in popular music. If I could give one piece of advice to Kid Cudi it would be: take your time, and make sure you have something that you are confident with, and are not just releasing it to stay relevant. Overall this is just a small hiccup in a great career, and I cannot wait to see what Kid Cudi has in store for us next.

This album would be a 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment